You’ve got enough on your plate running your own business, so why bother with health and safety? First, you’re legally required to look after the health and safety of people in your workplace. Second, effective health and safety systems help to keep your business running smoothly, can reduce injuries and downtime, and can even improve your productivity.
This is a series of booklets to show small businesses and those who are self-employed the basic steps to manage health and safety and common hazards.
- ACC5831 How to use machinery and equipment safely (PDF 3.7M)
- ACC5832 Emergencies and incident investigation (PDF 307K)
- ACC5833 How to manage hazards (PDF 249K)
- ACC5834 How to manage health and safety in a small business (PDF 305K)
- ACC5835 How to work safely with hazardous substances (PDF 2.9M)
- ACC5836 How to deal with noise at work (PDF 2.5M)
- ACC5837 Improving workplace health and safety (PDF 2.2M)
- ACC5838 Training and supervision (PDF 248K)
- ACC5839 How to work safely in risky situations (PDF 2.2M).
ACC can reward you for safe workplace practices by discounting your levies. See How to pay less to find out more.
Health and safety improvement cycle
The Health and Safety Improvement Cycle will help you implement effective systems of health and safety in your workplace.