Starting Out in Transport
Thinking of starting out in Transport and not sure what to do or how to get started?
Facts that you need to know
- What sector of the transport industry you are going to work in?
- What type of vehicle or vehicle combination you will need?
- What is the cost of the business?
- Is it financially viable? cost model information
- Where are you looking to obtain finance from?
- Will you have enough capital to run for 6 months?
- Will there be a contract in place?
- What are the expectations of the company contracting to you?
- How will you manage your business administration? General bookeeping information
- Do you have a transport service licence? (if not apply for one here: Application and Personal Details Forms)
- Do you have an understanding partner?
- Do you understand the term "willing compliance"?
If you are not sure or just want to check that you are on the right track then ring 03 349 8070 or 0800 338 338 and talk it through with our Executive Officers. They will give you sound and practical advice, before you start out.
Join NZ Trucking Association